INVEST IN YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE
Behavior change takes time.
It takes time to learn new health habits!
Let our dietitians come along side you and keep you on track to get to your best life.
Even if you got “all of your questions answered” in a single session (not likely), you need the support, accountability, and further education to help you develop new habits, and see you through difficult scenarios (even nutrition majors can benefit from seeing a dietitian!).
In nutrition counseling your dietitian will help you:
- Learn what your body does with food (it’s not just making you gain weight) and why specific nutrients/foods are required to live.
- Learn how to listen to, and trust, your body’s unique needs, hunger, and fullness cues (learn intuitive eating).
- Notice what eating behaviors and triggers you have that are causing you to struggle (behavior chain analysis).
- Turn-off the constant food thoughts so you can focus on more important things (and have better relationships).
- Learn to stop wasting money and time buying foods you don’t actually like (or need).
- Develop strategies to use healthier coping skills when you would normally turn to disordered or emotional eating.
- Understand the medical (physical and mental) repercussions of disordered eating and how to reverse or prevent complications (results are individual and may vary).
- Create balanced meals on the fly (no “meal planning” needed) in basically any situation.
- Develop better body-image and self-efficacy, and be able to eat in social settings.
- Answer any questions about nutrition information you heard about, or diets you have seen (it’s our job to stay abreast of evidence-based science so you don’t have to).
- With medical diagnosis you have including food allergies.
- Figure out appropriate amounts of exercise, and how much to eat based on activity needs.
- Learn that you can exercise because it feels good, not because you “have to.”
- Figure out how to make food enjoyable again!
While these are scheduled as hour-long sessions, you are not paying for “a unit of time” but rather our years of experience, training, ongoing education, and the ongoing contact between sessions with you and your other providers.
Book: Permission To Eat: $15 paperback from Libby,
or get it on Amazon
What You Get When You Become A Client...
- One-on-one nutrition counseling sessions + life coaching virtually through HIPAA-compliant video calls
- Secure messaging support between sessions (your client portal has secure messaging!)
- Your dietitian working with your other healthcare providers as needed, with a signed release from you
- Review of labs and other medical diagnosis you have received (and we will help you understand them!)
- Worksheets and handouts as needed
- Superbill for services to submit to your insurance for potential reimbursement (we can’t guarantee reimbursement, but we can try)
1. First step is to complete a contact form (preferred), or call/text (805) 225-3027 and let us know a little about yourself and what you are looking at nutrition counseling for.
2. We will get back to you, and we can determine together if you are a good fit to work with one of our dietitians.
3. We will send you pre-session forms to fill-out online through a secure client portal.
4. If you’d like to use insurance, check your coverage before meeting (Call your insurance company. Here’s the info you need).
5. Schedule a time to meet using your client portal.
Pricing & Insurance FAQs
How Much Does It Cost To Work With You?
To prevent an eating disorder from getting worse, and requiring higher levels of care (averaging $30,000 per month for residential treatment; or over $3,000 per month for Intensive-outpatient/ Partial-hospitalization), which does not include food, housing, or medications!
Nutrition counseling packages save you $$$
When Is Payment Taken?
A: All payments must are due at time of appointment by credit card /HSA (health savings account) / FSA (flexible spending account).
A 24 hour cancellation policy is enforced. Those cancelling less than 24 hours in advance will be charged the full amount of the session.
How Long Are Packages Valid For?
A: 6 session packages must be used within 3 months of purchase.
New-client 3-session package must be used within 2 months of purchase.
What Happens If I Pause Working With You?
A: Clients that do not see us for 6 months or longer will be subject to any increase in rates.
Do You Accept CenCal Insurance?
Libby is currently our only RD in-network with CenCal Health Insurance. You can see her with a referral from your primary care physician.
(ask them to send a “RAF”, and their diagnosis for your nutrition needs before our first visit, please. They can use this form).
From the CenCal website (7/18): ”Covered Services: Nutrition Educators providing medical nutrition therapy (MNT) services are reimbursable by CenCal Health when conducted by a Registered Dietitian (RD) working as or with a contracted provider. Under the CenCal Health Nutrition benefit, members are entitled to an initial assessment not to exceed 4 hours per year; a re-assessment and intervention not to exceed 4 hours per 1 month; and group sessions not to exceed 8 hours per a 9 month period. Additional services beyond the benefit limitations require prior authorization.”
(basically, you can see Libby 2 sessions/month)
Do You Accept Any Other Insurance?
Other insurance: we can write up a super-bill for you to submit to your insurance for eating disorder clients – we make no promises, but we will do our best to get you covered, and have had past success. It helps to have a physician referral (sent to your insurance company) stating that you need to see a Registered Dietitian.
You may also try for a “single-case agreement” you need to set this up with your insurance company ahead of time. This means will will be able to bill your insurance!
How to check your insurance coverage:
How to check insurance benefits, download this form to walk you through talking to your insurance company to verify benefits.
Here is a form you can have your physician send us with info we need to bill insurance, or create a superbill.
This is not a guarantee of coverage. If denied you will have to pay out of pocket.