Not Your Average Nutrition Therapy
Is Food Taking Over Your Life?
Does thinking about food or meal planning cause you anxiety?
Are you wasting money on food you don’t actually like (or need)?
Do you avoid social situations because they involve food?
Is thinking about food taking over your life?
Unable to take days off of exercise?
Not quite sure where to begin?
Let us help you get back the more important parts of life!
In nutrition counseling your dietitian will help you:
- Learn what your body does with food (it’s not just making you gain weight) and why specific nutrients/foods are required to live.
- Learn how to listen to, and trust, your body’s unique needs, hunger, and fullness cues (learn intuitive eating).
- Notice what eating behaviors and triggers you have that are causing you to struggle (behavior chain analysis).
- Turn-off the constant food thoughts so you can focus on more important things (and have better relationships).
- Learn to stop wasting money and time buying foods you don’t actually like (or need).
- Develop strategies to use healthier coping skills when you would normally turn to disordered or emotional eating.
- Understand the medical (physical and mental) repercussions of disordered eating and how to reverse or prevent complications (results are individual and may vary).
- Create balanced meals on the fly (no “meal planning” needed) in basically any situation.
- Develop better body-image and self-efficacy, and be able to eat in social settings.
- Answer any questions about nutrition information you heard about, or diets you have seen (it’s our job to stay abreast of evidence-based science so you don’t have to).
- With medical diagnosis you have including food allergies.
- Figure out appropriate amounts of exercise, and how much to eat based on activity needs.
- Learn that you can exercise because it feels good, not because you “have to.”
- Figure out how to make food enjoyable again!
Our philosophy is that ALL foods can fit in a healthy diet,
and that you can practice health and self-love no matter what your size.
Your Registered Dietitian will work with you in a one-on-one approach to find out what works for you, where you need assistance, and help you set goals and overcome obstacles in everyday life.
We work together to develop a food plan that works for you (no diets!), while helping you figure out how to eat intuitively, balance meals and snacks, and create better behaviors for lasting recovery.
We encourage you to keep in contact between sessions via secure messaging to help with accountability and increase your success. Sessions are held through secure video calls (“Telehealth”).
Optional services include laboratory orders and review.
Our Dietitians have experience working with:
Emotional eating, Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder,
Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorders, Compulsive Exercise,
and many other types of nutritional needs.